Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal modelling for a Li-ion battery cell

Thamasha Samarasinghe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I m doing a thermal modelling for a Li-ion battery cell (but not as in the COMSOL tutorial since I don't have the licenses for the battery and fuel cell module) and I m new to the COMSOL as well. However, when I computed the surface temperature using time dependent parameters the colour legend doesn't show any temperature variation other than the initial temperature. Also I m doubt whether I put the variables in a correct way for generated heat and the cell temperature. I put the amount of heat generation as a numerical value in the parameters but no value for the temperature of battery cell. I m posting the temperature profile result here for your reference as well. Can you please help me on this regard.

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post Dec 18, 2019, 6:31 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thamasha Samarasinghe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.