Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Which videocard is better for COMSOL and why?

Александр _ Трефилов

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there!

Guys, could you tell me which videocard is better for COMSOL product (rendering, etc):

NVIDIA PNY Quadro P400 or MSI GeForce GTX 1650 GAMING X? They are about the same price but GTX 1650 has more memory onboard (2GB vs 4GB) and more faster. Nevertheless the first one is the professional one and it's listed on COMSOL System Requirements (there is no GTX version here).

So I'm wondering why would professinal videocard with less memory be more preferable than GTX 1650?

Thank you!

P.S. My config: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 64 GB 3200 MhZ RAM.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 27, 2020, 10:36 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 27, 2020, 10:36 a.m. EST

Hello,

On the COMSOL System requirements page, the graphics cards that are listed by name are those that have specifically been tested. As indicated in the note below that list, many other cards will work. We just can't test every card on the market.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, On the COMSOL System requirements page, the graphics cards that are listed by name are those that have specifically been tested. As indicated in the note below that list, many other cards will work. We just can't test every card on the market. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.