Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating electromagnetic transduction of energy in 3D model

Adrian Rendon-Hernandez

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to simulate in a 3D model, electromagnetic transduction of energy. It consists in a permanent magnet surrounded by a copper coil with a known number of turns. I already managed to apply a prescribed displacement to the magnet but I'm still lacking information/guidance on how to setup the coil (using Magnetic Fields interface perhaps) to extract electrical energy induced by the moving magnet. Any help you can give me is appreciated. Any tutorial or basic examples you can show me will help me.

For information, I found some inspiration on the example "induced voltage moving magnet", which is in 2D axisymmetric, however it is not clear to me how to setup in a 3D model.

Thanks,

Adrian

0 Replies Last Post Feb 18, 2020, 12:20 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adrian Rendon-Hernandez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.