Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol crashes when exporting filter as mesh part

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am currently struggling when trying to export a filter group as a mesh part. When importing the filter data set, Comsol crashes without giving any warnings. This is only the case when using the lower bound for the import, everything works fine when using the upper bound. I also get the error message:

Java exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.comsol.clientapi.engine.APIEngine.runMethod(SourceFile:214)

at com.comsol.clientapi.impl.MeshSequenceClient.run(SourceFile:594)

when running the model from MATLAB. I'm unable to figure out what's going on here, what causes this issue?

3 Replies Last Post Mar 4, 2020, 2:50 a.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 3, 2020, 8:06 a.m. EST

I don't have access to MATLAB, but when running the COMSOL GUI I don't get any error when importing the filter dataset into the mesh part. What version of COMSOL are you running? I'm running 5.5 u2 (the second update release, 5.5.0.352).

I don't have access to MATLAB, but when running the COMSOL GUI I don't get any error when importing the filter dataset into the mesh part. What version of COMSOL are you running? I'm running 5.5 u2 (the second update release, 5.5.0.352).

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 3, 2020, 8:22 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Mar 4, 2020, 5:52 a.m. EST

I'm using Comsol 5.5. However, I only get the error when using the lower bound for the filter when creating the mesh part. Apparentely I used the upper bound when importing the filter for the mesh part in the attached file. Sorry for that. Or maybe you tried this as well?

I'm using Comsol 5.5. However, I only get the error when using the lower bound for the filter when creating the mesh part. Apparentely I used the upper bound when importing the filter for the mesh part in the attached file. Sorry for that. Or maybe you tried this as well?

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 4, 2020, 2:50 a.m. EST

After changing to using a lower bound in the filter dataset, I could reproduce the crash in 5.5.0.352. We'll investigate this bug.

After changing to using a lower bound in the filter dataset, I could reproduce the crash in 5.5.0.352. We'll investigate this bug.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.