Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Errors for Complex Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I've been struggling with meshing a very large geometry(36x16x8m) with some very small elements(0.1m radius vents,etc). I simplified my geometry to practice meshing separate domains and was trying to create a swept mesh. However I have a small block inside the simplified geometry that serves as an inlet for chlorine gas(simulating a leak). I was able to create a swept mapped mesh but when I added the small block inside the geometry the mesh gave errors. I was wondering if there was any way I could stillcreate a swept mesh. In addition, I am also looking for tips to model the complete geometry that contains very small elements. Some errors that I get include "Domain has a region that is much thinner than the specified minimum element size", "The specified minimum element size (0.145) is too large to resolve the geometry." I have uploaded a picture of the simplified geometry with the error I receive and the complete geometry.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 12, 2020, 11:53 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Camille Maradiaga

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.