Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

quuestion about calculate capacitance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I got three parallel plates. I set middle plate as electrode and the bottom one is ground. The top plate set as a object. I used the electrostatics mode and can calculate the middle to bottom capacitance by using global evaluation. How can I calculate the top and middle capacitance and top and bottom capacitance?

Thanks,

2 Replies Last Post May 27, 2014, 4:22 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shengan Bian Jeff

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 7, 2012, 3:55 p.m. EDT
hi i am modeling a capacitor where i am giving 2 positve voltage to both the terminal so that the field is send outside and when i bring a object near it (floating potential) there should be change in capacitance which is not happening can anyone help. see the attachment

i am getting the wave but the capacitance dont change .
hi i am modeling a capacitor where i am giving 2 positve voltage to both the terminal so that the field is send outside and when i bring a object near it (floating potential) there should be change in capacitance which is not happening can anyone help. see the attachment i am getting the wave but the capacitance dont change .

Posted: 1 decade ago May 27, 2014, 4:22 a.m. EDT
Did you solve the problem?? i'm interesting in this
Did you solve the problem?? i'm interesting in this

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.