Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Point Evaluation (3d model)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I've done some velocity profiles in comsol 5.5 by using 3D cut line option. I want to know exact values of velocity along this cut line on several points. Let's say, some points following Cut Line, equidistantly spaced one from the other, for example a step of 5 cm.

By using Cut point option, then Derived values ----> Point Evaluation, it's possible to read specif values, but it takes so much times coz I'm obliged to do it one by one. I want this to be more automatic, I mean, by defining a step and be able to generate several cut points and evaluate them. I've tried with Array 1D option but it didn't work.

I've read this post and this one, but a exact solution wasn't provided. You can read them if you don't understand my explication of the problem

Maybe someone knows how to overcome this issue??

Thanks, Jhoan

2 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2020, 8:22 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 17, 2020, 1:33 a.m. EDT

A cut point dataset can define multiple points. Enter e.g.

x: 1 2 3 y: 0 0 1

Using a Point Evaluation you can then evaluate all these points.

A cut point dataset can define multiple points. Enter e.g. x: 1 2 3 y: 0 0 1 Using a Point Evaluation you can then evaluate all these points.

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 17, 2020, 8:22 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Apr 17, 2020, 8:28 a.m. EDT

Thank you so much for your answer. It will save me a lot of time.

Thank you so much for your answer. It will save me a lot of time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.