Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why can I not do a periodic mesh despite identical surfaces?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a fairly simple structure that is visally periodic yet Comsol refuses to perform a face copy operation. I have attached the mph file and the imported .stp file. Below is my geometry. I have tried splitting my operation into parts and the surfaces that cannot be copied make no sense to be as they are clearly identical. What's the problem?

I have tried various mesh settings as well as the virtual operation of ignoring edges/vertices that intersect the boundaries to no avail.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 28, 2020, 10:26 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 28, 2020, 10:26 a.m. EDT

Here is another example with an even simpler geometry. I really cannot wrap my head around why this happens

Here is another example with an even simpler geometry. I really cannot wrap my head around why this happens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.