Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matlab with comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am doing multiple simulations in matlab using a comsol code. In theory, it is working correctly but after spending time (about a day simulating) I get the following error that I link in an image. Why can it be the error? I'm looking for information and can't find anything.

COMSOL version 5.5 Matlab Version 2019

Thank you

4 Replies Last Post Jun 10, 2020, 5:38 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 9, 2020, 9:02 a.m. EDT

Hi Oscar

I can't tell from the shown output in the image if the message is caused by your code or a problem inside Comsol. Can you please post your model and code? Either here or send it directly to support?

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Oscar I can't tell from the shown output in the image if the message is caused by your code or a problem inside Comsol. Can you please post your model and code? Either here or send it directly to support?

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 9, 2020, 9:15 a.m. EDT

Perfect, I leave you the code. This code is modified with different variables and sweeps are made of all of them within certain limits. I have tried different things, I am currently running it. And for now it has not failed me by adding the mphsave line. I think it may be because when the server is unused it ends up shutting down. A greeting and thanks for the help.

Perfect, I leave you the code. This code is modified with different variables and sweeps are made of all of them within certain limits. I have tried different things, I am currently running it. And for now it has not failed me by adding the mphsave line. I think it may be because when the server is unused it ends up shutting down. A greeting and thanks for the help.

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 9, 2020, 5:38 p.m. EDT

It would be nice to know why the server shuts down. It shouldn't shut down on its own. Perhaps you can find an explanation in the log files.

I haven't been able to run your code since I don't know what values to use as inputs.

Your code looks OK. It may be faster to simply save your model as an MPH-file and then just change the few parameters you need to adjust for every simulation.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
It would be nice to know why the server shuts down. It shouldn't shut down on its own. Perhaps you can find an explanation in the log files. I haven't been able to run your code since I don't know what values to use as inputs. Your code looks OK. It may be faster to simply save your model as an MPH-file and then just change the few parameters you need to adjust for every simulation.

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 10, 2020, 5:38 a.m. EDT

Hi, thanks for your help and your speed How can I get the logs you comment on? If I reproduce the ruling, I will send them to you.

I would also like to know why it occurs. Are there any changes to the COMSOL configuration that may cause it to shutdown? Any timeout or something?

Currently I have not reproduced it by adding a command to save the models in .mph, so it brings up a line of saving the model from the server. Could it be solved like this?

Hi, thanks for your help and your speed How can I get the logs you comment on? If I reproduce the ruling, I will send them to you. I would also like to know why it occurs. Are there any changes to the COMSOL configuration that may cause it to shutdown? Any timeout or something? Currently I have not reproduced it by adding a command to save the models in .mph, so it brings up a line of saving the model from the server. Could it be solved like this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.