Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ink absorption in Paper as a porous media flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I would like to set up a macroscopic model of a microscopic flow of ink in a paper sheet domain. I am mostly intereste in modelling the absorption rate as a function of the porosity but it may be necessary to include the effect of the surface tension. What interface do you advice me to use for such kind of model ? I have a clear idea of: Paper thickness (t): 0.1 mm Paper width (w): 0.6 mm Ink density (ρ): 1071.9 [kg/m3] Ink dynamic viscosity (ν): 0.004875 [Pa S]

I know I can use the darcy' law or the creeping (stokes) flow. It is not really clear if I need to decide which one of the two approach I need to use or if I can them in the same model.

Do you know how I can define and simulatate the absorption rate once defined a range of porosity to set ?

Thank you for your time

0 Replies Last Post Jun 9, 2020, 6:56 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simone Mingozzi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.