Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of piezoelectric artificial basilar membrane for broad range frequency selectivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!! Iam trying to simulate a Artificial basilar membrane for broad range frequency selectivity application. For this I am using pvdf as the pizoelectric material which also acts as the piezo patches on the surface of the basilar membrane. My question is this: why am I getting a zero potential(V) on the surface of the pvdf patches? However, i can see some potential on the sides of the piezo patches. Is this because of the grounding and floating potential conditions?

please go through the following images i have attached. Can someone please help me in this regard? Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post Sep 5, 2020, 8:42 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anup K S

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.