Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cerebral Aneurysm

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning, I'm simulating the blood flow in a brain aneurysm. I made a 3D geometry (aneurysm.mph) where the internal domain is blood and the external domain the artery. I set the following boundary conditions: I consider a laminar flow, with a pulsatile flow rate at the inlet as in fig.1 and at the outlet with zero static pressure. For the material properties I inserted a blood with 1060kg/m³ density and a dynamic viscosity of 0.0036 Pas, while the artery properties are in figure 3. The study selected is 'FluidSolid Interaction, Fixed Geometry'. I did a stationary study (with all default parameters), but I have got some problems. Probably the geometry is wrong. If someone can help me, I will be grateful. Thanks a lot.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 5, 2020, 3:51 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Miriam Leone

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.