Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Usage of different meshes in related study steps?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to run a CFD + Heat Transfer study consisting of several study steps. The results of each study step are used as initial values for the solution of the next study step. My question is: Is it possible to solve Study Step 1 with Mesh 1 and Study Step 2 with Mesh 2, while using the results of Study Step 1 as initial values for Study Step 2?

The background is that Mesh 2 is extremely large, which in this case is necessary for accurate results. To reduce calculation time, I would like to solve the first steps with a coarser mesh and only use the fine mesh for the last step. All meshes are user-generated.

Any comment or contribution is highly appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 10, 2020, 5:37 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Finn Steegers

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.