Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Compute distance between electron inlet and outlet given a homogeneous magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all!

Currently i'm trying to simulate the force on a electron in a magnetic field. I'm releasing an electron directly in a magnetic field, which shows the the radius of curvature of the path of the electron that is moving in the magnetic field. But now i want to measure the radius, between the inlet and where the electron stick/leave the field, i can read it from the poincare map, but that is not enough.

Currently i'm shooting an electron from an point source into a magnetic field (v.elektron = 210^7 m/s, magnetic field = 0.01 T. I've found an expression to compute the radius, which can be found in the Analytic part (as a function of inlet angle). By the way, I'm now simulating it at different angles of inlet, because later i want to plot these distances as a function of the angle of inlet. Here is an example of which may describe the problem more complete https://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/proton-moving-speed-v-15-105-m-s-field-free-region-abruptly-enters-essentially-uniform-mag-q49767290 given its an electron!

I've found a couple of expression that may be useful, but i dont know how to use them, because i think the explanation is very unclear: The env and bndenv operators may lead to a solution but as i said i dont know how to use them (as you can see in Derived Values :p).

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Jan 5, 2021, 1:30 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 5, 2021, 1:30 p.m. EST

Solved ;)!

Solved ;)!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.