Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

contact pressure , depth of indendation , boundary conditions and setting of input ?

Thanigaivelraja Mohandass

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Sir/Madam, I constructed a contact pair mounted on a metal block, all made of copper and a cylinder on one of the metal block to give the input force to be applied to the contact pair via that cylinder.I add the physics for study EMF,Heat transfer in solids(ht),Structural Mechanics. My requirements are 1. I want to measure the voltage on the two contacts 2. I want to measure the contact point pressure and depth of indendation 2. I want to measure the current on the two contacts 3. I want to measure the Temperature on the two contacts 4.I want to measure the Temperature on the metal blocks,cylinder and surroundings of two contacts 5.I want to measure the impedance of the two contacts 6.I want to measure the Resistance of the two contacts

To meet out my requirements i want to know what are the boundary conditions to be implemented and how to feed the inputs in physics study to measure these outputs.
   Need the help and i would be grateful for the help.
   Thanking you

help is needed 

With Regards M.Thanigaivelraja

0 Replies Last Post Mar 9, 2021, 11:49 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thanigaivelraja Mohandass

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.