Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Edit value in parameter table, V5.6

Carsten Langrock Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I just upgraded Comsol from 5.0 to 5.6. It appears that there's a sort of bug when it comes to editing values in tables. I have a transport of diluted species component which has a diffusion coefficient in a diagonal form. In V5, I simply double clicked on a given entry and was able to edit that field. Now, nothing happens ... or so one thinks. After double clicking, there's no cursor, and the text entry is not being updated. Yet, once one hits enter or tab, the 'new' text appears. This means that I cannot go into the text field and make adjustments. For now, all I can do is copy & paste into the field from a text editor, for example. I am runnning the Linux version.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, Carsten

2 Replies Last Post Apr 1, 2021, 4:23 p.m. EDT
Jonas Lejon COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 1, 2021, 2:07 a.m. EDT

Hi Carsten,

This is an issue that our developers are aware of, and something they are looking into.

Regards Jonas

Hi Carsten, This is an issue that our developers are aware of, and something they are looking into. Regards Jonas

Carsten Langrock Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 1, 2021, 4:23 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Apr 1, 2021, 6:18 p.m. EDT

Thanks for the update. Good to know this isn't only happening on my machine only due to some color scheme or the likes.

Thanks for the update. Good to know this isn't only happening on my machine only due to some color scheme or the likes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.