Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

tetrapolar electrode system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to recreate the model from the paper below, but I don't see how I can apply the current on the outer electrodes and measure the potential in the middle electrodes. What do I have to do regarding boundaries and stuff. Can someone help me? I have the exact geometry as in the paper below.

Kinds regards, Luuk

https://www.google.com/search?q=cell+constant+studies+for+bipolar&rlz=1C1GCEU_enNL819NL819&oq=cell+constant+studies+for+bipolar&aqs=chrome..69i57.5617j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Reply Last Post May 26, 2021, 3:56 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago May 26, 2021, 3:56 a.m. EDT

Hi

I would set the other current electrode to zero potential and define current density at the other one. Measuring potential between two points from Derived values --> Point evaluation. You do not need to define reference electrodes explicitly. Or if you have a reference electrode that is selective to a particular ion, evaluate its concentration and use Nernst equation.

Lasse

Hi I would set the other current electrode to zero potential and define current density at the other one. Measuring potential between two points from Derived values --> Point evaluation. You do not need to define reference electrodes explicitly. Or if you have a reference electrode that is selective to a particular ion, evaluate its concentration and use Nernst equation. Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.