Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Divergence cleaning failed for Auxiliary-Space Maxwell (AMS) and inverted mesh

Butterbrot Electrical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to study the magnetic field inside cupper pipe that is surrounded by a helmholtz pair. I sweep through the DC current and the frequency to analyze the magnetic field. The problem is that I get the error mentioned in the title and a inverted mesh at the coordinate 0.0215727, 0.16416, 0.0217939. The mesh consists of 54936 domain elements, 9128 boundary elements, and 1029 edge elements. It has 670647 degrees of freedom. Searching similar threads revealed that my model is probably to heavy (even though my mesh computes very quickly). Are there any suggestions how to mitigate the error? I probably won't change the sweep of frequency and current. But I also don't see how to change the geometry to a 2D one to minimize the simulation. Are there any suggestions how I can resolve this? Thank you in advance.

1 Reply Last Post May 25, 2021, 4:11 p.m. EDT
Butterbrot Electrical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago May 25, 2021, 4:11 p.m. EDT

I've found the solution. The mesh should have been more finer, since I have sharp edges. Additionally, I opted not for a physical mesh, but selected that the tetrahedrals should not be too big nor too small.

I've found the solution. The mesh should have been more finer, since I have sharp edges. Additionally, I opted not for a physical mesh, but selected that the tetrahedrals should not be too big nor too small.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.