Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No 3D fillet option

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to fillet the edges shown in the attached picture. But i cannot find a fillet option. I can see a fillet option for verticies in a work plane, but no 3D fillet.

I have seen people do this on youtube so i am wondering how they managed to get this option. Do i need a specific add on?

I have attached a picture to show what options i have under the 'geometry' module.

Cheers

1 Reply Last Post Jul 23, 2021, 10:07 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Jul 23, 2021, 10:07 a.m. EDT

Hello Kieran,

Filletting in 3D is a feature found in the optional Design Module.

In some special cases, you can create 3D fillets without the Design Module, by using a bunch of boolean operations with cylinders, spheres, etc, see my post in this old thread, but it is not a general solution and it is very tedious even when applicable, so see if you can convince your license administrator to add the Design Module.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Kieran, Filletting in 3D is a feature found in the optional [Design Module](https://www.comsol.com/design-module). In some special cases, you can create 3D fillets without the Design Module, by using a bunch of boolean operations with cylinders, spheres, etc, see my post in [this old thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/229171/fillet-operation?last=2019-03-08T16:02:30Z), but it is not a general solution and it is very tedious even when applicable, so see if you can convince your license administrator to add the Design Module. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.