Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Membrane pressure plot problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I have a problem with pre-stressed circular membrane resonator.

I tried to make a simulation of pre-stressed circular membrane resonator and adding additional pressure in z-direction.

I first simulated only when pre-stressed case, but my simulation data went sth wrong after I plot membrane pressure data.

It showed that the maximum pressure value is -200 MPa, which cannot be possible, so I think there should be some kind of overflow problem or kinked point which cannot be derivative.

I found the same problem in the manual "vibrating membrane" files. I add both of my file and manual file.

Please answer me how to solve this problem if anyone knows solution.

Thanks.

I attached my file. please check this.

3 Replies Last Post Aug 19, 2021, 7:05 a.m. EDT
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 19, 2021, 4:10 a.m. EDT

You probably need to upload a file to get help with this.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You probably need to upload a file to get help with this.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 19, 2021, 7:00 a.m. EDT

What you are plotting is the pressure in the material: -1/3*trace(stress tensor). In your case -S0/thic*2/3.

If the in-plane stresses in the membrane are positive (which they always are), then the pressure is negative.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
What you are plotting is the pressure in the material: -1/3\*trace(stress tensor). In your case -S0/thic\*2/3. If the in-plane stresses in the membrane are positive (which they always are), then the pressure is negative.

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 19, 2021, 7:05 a.m. EDT

What you are plotting is the pressure in the material: -1/3*trace(stress tensor). In your case -S0/thic*2/3.

If the in-plane stresses in the membrane are positive (which they always are), then the pressure is negative.

Dear Henrik, the reason why I try to plot the pressure data is to get deflection-pressure relation.

Can you tell me how to get this relation from the simulation, if you know?

>What you are plotting is the pressure in the material: -1/3\*trace(stress tensor). In your case -S0/thic\*2/3. > >If the in-plane stresses in the membrane are positive (which they always are), then the pressure is negative. Dear Henrik, the reason why I try to plot the pressure data is to get deflection-pressure relation. Can you tell me how to get this relation from the simulation, if you know?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.