Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid Velocity due to Structural Movement of Walls

Anish Mechanical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone, I would like to perfom a one way FSI to find the velocity of fluid inside a 2D domain (say rectangular slot).I am using a FSI, fixed geometry interface. I want to apply a sinusoidal loading to the material at its boundary (say top wall) in a time dependent study. Structural boundary conditions include fixing the left vertical end.

How should I apply the loading on the boundaries. I tried applying a prescribed displacement of the form : A*sin(2*pi*3*t) where A is the amplitude. Also only the boundaries of the slot are a solid material while the enclosed domain is a stationary fluid. How do I assign only the boundaires to be solved within a solid mechanics module.

Particularly I want to know how to setup the laminar flow module i.e pressure is not important here. What should be the boundary conditions or is there any additional physics setup that I must use.

My main intention is to find the velocity of fluid due to motion of walls and then use that velocity in an other interface. Will be happy to receive inputs.

Thank You.

-------------------
C.Anish

0 Replies Last Post Aug 26, 2021, 6:03 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anish

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.