Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Induction Heating 3-D simulation in COMSOL 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'm trying to simulate the Induction Heating in 3-D simulation. Could you please tell me the components of Induction Heating (such as: Sufface Current, Ampere's Law, External Sufface Current Density...) which are necessary to be added in the 3-D model?

Thanks in advance.
With the best.
Phuong.

5 Replies Last Post May 30, 2013, 2:48 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 20, 2012, 9:41 p.m. EDT
Does anybody help me to solve that problem?
Does anybody help me to solve that problem?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 21, 2012, 12:50 a.m. EDT
Hi

have you tried to update your model library and check the examples therein, there should be at least one there

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to update your model library and check the examples therein, there should be at least one there -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 21, 2012, 1:16 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for your response, I tried to find it from library, but I could not find the Induction heating in 3-D simulation. I was able to simulate it in 2-D.

Do you have any suggestions for me?
Hi Ivar, Thanks for your response, I tried to find it from library, but I could not find the Induction heating in 3-D simulation. I was able to simulate it in 2-D. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2012, 11:48 p.m. EST

hi... i also started working on 3D induction heating... i dont know how to exite coil... im getting wrong results for 2D also. would u please help me by sending ur 2D model. my mail id is jayaprakash2020@gmail.com

waiting for u reply...
--
jay
hi... i also started working on 3D induction heating... i dont know how to exite coil... im getting wrong results for 2D also. would u please help me by sending ur 2D model. my mail id is jayaprakash2020@gmail.com waiting for u reply... -- jay

Posted: 1 decade ago May 30, 2013, 2:48 p.m. EDT
Hi Phuong,

Did you succeed? I'm also trying to lead some 3D induction heating.
I coupled Magnetic Fields and Heat Transfert in Solids, but I always get an error of divergence...

Thanks for sharing.

Patrice
Hi Phuong, Did you succeed? I'm also trying to lead some 3D induction heating. I coupled Magnetic Fields and Heat Transfert in Solids, but I always get an error of divergence... Thanks for sharing. Patrice

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.