Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Slip velocity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model air/water flow using mixture model. In reality there is always velocity difference between these two phases, air accelerates w.r.t water however, I read in comsol blog (have attached the link) that both bubbly flow model and mixture model assumes the phases to be in equilibrium i.e. phases can't accelerate w.r.t each other. However, there is option available in mixture model where we can select if our flow is homogenous or not. Depending upon the nature of the flow comsol allows user to select slip model. I am bit confused between the option available in comsol interface and that written in the blog. Also, can anyone suggest me the best model to use if volume fraction of air is more than 0.1.

Thank you

https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-and-simulation-of-multiphase-flow-in-comsol-part-1/

0 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2021, 4:38 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello An p

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.