Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Plot graph between Temperature and angle (thetha).

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone , I am new in Comsol, I am trying to plot temperature versus angle graph for 3D sphere. I have already ploted Temperature versus arc length.

please guide me in this .

1 Reply Last Post Feb 18, 2022, 7:28 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Feb 18, 2022, 7:28 p.m. EST
Updated: 2 years ago Feb 18, 2022, 7:45 p.m. EST

In many of the plotting options, you can enter an expression for the quantity along the horizontal axis of your plot. On the surface of a sphere (including any point or any curve on that surface) with radius R that is centered at the origin, the expression for the polar angle theta is: acos(z/R). This follows from the fact that z = R cos(theta). Mathematicians and physicists use different conventions of theta and phi labeling of the angles. Physicists use theta as the polar angle and phi as the azimuthal angle. Mathematicians label them the other way. For more information than you need, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_coordinate_system .

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
In many of the plotting options, you can enter an *expression* for the quantity along the horizontal axis of your plot. On the surface of a sphere (including any point or any curve on that surface) with radius *R* that is centered at the origin, the expression for the polar angle theta is: *acos(z/R)*. This follows from the fact that *z = R cos(theta)*. Mathematicians and physicists use different conventions of theta and phi labeling of the angles. Physicists use theta as the polar angle and phi as the azimuthal angle. Mathematicians label them the other way. For more information than you need, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_coordinate_system .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.