Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to visualize the ratio of two result variables in a surface plot?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I have a 2-D model. In post-processing, I am able to visualize the surface plot of a variable A. I can also see the surface plot of another variable B in the same model. How can I visualize the surface plot of A/B ? Tried different basic attempts. Non of them is working.

4 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2022, 11:33 p.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 20, 2022, 11:53 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Jun 20, 2022, 11:53 p.m. EDT

What happens if you create a Surface plot, enter A/B as Expression, and click on Plot?

What happens if you create a Surface plot, enter A/B as Expression, and click on Plot?

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 21, 2022, 10:58 a.m. EDT

It shows zero amplitude all over the surface, which can't be true.

>What happens if you create a Surface plot, enter A/B as Expression, and click on Plot? It shows zero amplitude all over the surface, which can't be true.

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 21, 2022, 11:02 a.m. EDT

It shows zero amplitude all over the surface, which can't be true.

And non-of the B values are zero.

>>What happens if you create a Surface plot, enter A/B as Expression, and click on Plot? > >It shows zero amplitude all over the surface, which can't be true. And non-of the B values are zero.

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 21, 2022, 11:33 p.m. EDT

If you post the model here, or send it to COMSOL Support, then I think that it will be possible to explain the behavior that you observe.

If you post the model here, or send it to COMSOL Support, then I think that it will be possible to explain the behavior that you observe.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.