Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

zero induced current density at conductor boundary, is this normal?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm modeling a coil-over-steel-plate system using 2D Perpendicular Induction Currents, Vector Potential mode (emqa), time harmonic analysis (f=1.0 MHz).

The calculated induced current density Jz at the plate surface (please see the attached picture) is exactly 0. However, 0.001 mm into the plate will give a induced current density of the order of 10^8 [A/m^2].

Why am I getting zero induced current density at conductor boundary? I checked the 2D eddy current model in the model library (axi-symmetric mode), the induced current density at conductor boundary is not zero and is continuous to its inside values.

Any hint will be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply Last Post Aug 15, 2012, 5:23 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 15, 2012, 5:23 p.m. EDT
The version I'm using is v3.3.
The version I'm using is v3.3.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.