Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ECM microphone simulation problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to simulate the directivity pattern of uni-directional ECM microphone but using the opposite way to do it.

My method is adding the acceleration boundary on the diaphragm on the ECM instead using a external sound source, I heard that this method is called "Reciprocal Theorem", but after several tests, the simulation result still can't fit the experiment result.

I'm wondering that is the "Reciprocal Theorem" not work here or there are something I missed.

Thank you in advanced.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 9, 2022, 7:18 a.m. EDT
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 9, 2022, 7:18 a.m. EDT

Most likely a displacement condition would more in line with the membrane movement for a constant (as function of frequency) pressure.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Most likely a displacement condition would more in line with the membrane movement for a constant (as function of frequency) pressure.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.