Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to implement this boundary condition?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I would like to know how can I implement this boundary condition for a heat transfer phenomenon in a 2D axisymmetric study.

Initially I was using the genereal inward heat flux option:

Where:

, with .

For : and for : .

Due to the gradient operator () in the boundary condition, I have my doubts if my approach is correct. My geometries are two concentric circles, representing different domains.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 13, 2022, 7:20 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Sep 13, 2022, 7:20 p.m. EDT

You don't need to do anything. Assuming you have a typo in your first equation, where the second k1 is k2, then your equation is heat flux continuity at an internal boundary. That is implemented by default in COMSOL across any internal boundary. Just draw your concentric circles, provide boundary conditions on external boundaries, and solve.

You don't need to do anything. Assuming you have a typo in your first equation, where the second k1 is k2, then your equation is heat flux continuity at an internal boundary. That is implemented by default in COMSOL across any internal boundary. Just draw your concentric circles, provide boundary conditions on external boundaries, and solve.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.