Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Borehole heat exchanger

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm currently working on building a BHE model with a U-tube and was wondering does anyone have a simple solutions to how to setup the model with for example variable pipe inlet condition? Let's say I want to simulate geothermal heat for 1 year and want to have T_x as the temperature for winter time and T_y for summer time. What's the best way to setup that kind of condition? I'd also need the variable condition for mass flow rate and assume it could be done with the same method? I'm using heat transfer in solids module to for modeling the bedrock (which is where to BHE is drilled in) and the pipeflow module to model the tubing inside the well. Thank you in advance!

0 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2022, 9:00 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello MIg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.