Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Continuous uniform meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,
In my model the various geometries have separate meshing. I want to know if there is a way to make the meshing continuous , meaning there is no discontinuity at the boundary of a geometry ( object ). I want the entire model to have continuous and uniform geometry of the same size.
Thanking you in advance,
Vijay.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 1, 2012, 3:42 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 1, 2012, 3:42 p.m. EDT
Hi
from what I interprete (but I might be wrong ;) is either you have used Assembly and not UNION mode in the geoemtry, which multiplies the common boundaries between the domains, and allows for very differet mesh per domain, without "continuity" over common borders, just as it does NOT propose default continuous flow over these boundaries, you need to define this manually,

Or you are using the default "Union" mode and it's simply that the default mesh is such that you get a very large dispersion. You can try a custom mesh with the same value for the max and the min size, but, it might make the mesher fail as its not always possible to get the same mesh size everywhere ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from what I interprete (but I might be wrong ;) is either you have used Assembly and not UNION mode in the geoemtry, which multiplies the common boundaries between the domains, and allows for very differet mesh per domain, without "continuity" over common borders, just as it does NOT propose default continuous flow over these boundaries, you need to define this manually, Or you are using the default "Union" mode and it's simply that the default mesh is such that you get a very large dispersion. You can try a custom mesh with the same value for the max and the min size, but, it might make the mesher fail as its not always possible to get the same mesh size everywhere ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.