Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting streamlines at a certain distance from an edge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm modeling a flow with Re<<1. It's a 2D flow over a cylindrical post with the axis of the cylinder perpendicular to the flow. I want to plot streamlines at a certain distance from the top and bottom edges of the cylinder. Can someone guide me through the process?

Thanks in advance,
Spandana

1 Reply Last Post Oct 1, 2012, 4:26 p.m. EDT
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 1, 2012, 4:26 p.m. EDT
Hi Spandana,

When computing streamlines you can choose to specify initial coordinates of the streamline(s). That location can be anywhere inside the model and not necessarily at the start or finish. In the Streamline Positioning input specify “Start Point Controlled” and in the Entry Method specify “Coordinates”.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Spandana, When computing streamlines you can choose to specify initial coordinates of the streamline(s). That location can be anywhere inside the model and not necessarily at the start or finish. In the Streamline Positioning input specify “Start Point Controlled” and in the Entry Method specify “Coordinates”. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.