Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

More time for transient simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I am doing a simulations on flow past a rotating slippery cylinder. After user controlled meshing, there are 56k quadrilateral elements and solution needs 1.5day to complete. Physics controlled meshing gives even more number of triangular elements but the simulation only takes 2-3 hours. A time step of 0.025 upto 80s are the conditions. What could be the cause of time delay for the simulations? Could that be due to solver settings (Used solver is PARADISO).

1 Reply Last Post Feb 27, 2023, 11:14 a.m. EST
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago Feb 27, 2023, 11:14 a.m. EST

Questions you should ask yourself:

1. Are the solutions significantly different?
  2. Does the user-controlled mesh include a Boundary Layers step?
  3. Can I post a reduced model to get more useful advice?
Questions you should ask yourself: 1. Are the solutions significantly different? 2. Does the user-controlled mesh include a Boundary Layers step? 3. Can I post a reduced model to get more useful advice?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.