Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Aerodynamics Analysis around a Rotating Propeller

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I try to study a model to analyze the aerodynamics around a rotating propeller. I have seen update introduction for "Rotating Machinery, High Mach Number Flow" on the CFD webpage of the COMSOL 6.0 version:

https://www.comsol.com/release/6.0/cfd-module

However, so far I can't find any useful example in the CFD module form the application library.

On the other hand, in the Mixer module, I found some useful examples of stirring in water, which apply "Frozen Rotor" similar to ANSYS's approach. I changed the fluid into air and studied the turbulent flow. Unfortunately, the computations were always unable to converge.

Anyone who has relevant analysis experience, can you tell me how to do this kind simulation? Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 1, 2023, 10:13 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tzu-huan Peng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.