Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Constrains option Comsol Classkit License 6.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have version 6.1 ClassKit Edition. I would like to use the "constrains" option, found in the "sketch" tab, to be able to limit the different distances that appear in my geometry, but I can't find it (As seen in the attached image).

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to activate this option

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Last Post Mar 14, 2023, 8:36 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago Mar 13, 2023, 2:05 p.m. EDT
Updated: 1 year ago Mar 14, 2023, 8:34 a.m. EDT

Hello Alejandro,

This is a functionality included in the optional Design Module. Could it be that your license does not include that product? You can check on that by going to File > Used and Licensed Products.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Alejandro, This is a functionality included in the optional [Design Module](https://www.comsol.com/design-module). Could it be that your license does not include that product? You can check on that by going to File > Used and Licensed Products. Jeff

Posted: 1 year ago Mar 13, 2023, 5:36 p.m. EDT
Updated: 1 year ago Mar 13, 2023, 7:49 p.m. EDT

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your answer. I have reviewed it, and as you will see in the attached screenshot, it is included in my license. So it seems that the problem comes down to "make visible" the particular constrains option, which I just don't quite see how to do.

Thanks again.

Hi Jeff, Thank you very much for your answer. I have reviewed it, and as you will see in the attached screenshot, it is included in my license. So it seems that the problem comes down to "make visible" the particular constrains option, which I just don't quite see how to do. Thanks again.

Posted: 1 year ago Mar 13, 2023, 5:45 p.m. EDT

Okey, I think you were right, it's in the "other products" section, so I don't think it's in the license I have.

Do you know if there is any other way to generate dimensioned drawings (such as the one I attached), without using this module?

Okey, I think you were right, it's in the "other products" section, so I don't think it's in the license I have. Do you know if there is any other way to generate dimensioned drawings (such as the one I attached), without using this module?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago Mar 14, 2023, 8:36 a.m. EDT
Updated: 1 year ago Mar 14, 2023, 5:14 p.m. EDT

Hi Alejandro,

No, you really need the Design Module to do that in COMSOL.

Could you draw the geometry outside of COMSOL? Well, from the screenshot you posted earlier, you can tell that your license does not include any of the optional add-ons that increase what CAD formats you can import into COMSOL; this greatly decreases your options. With that said, there are some basic formats that can be imported with just the core COMSOL Multiphysics package, see the CAD specification chart, so if you have access to a third-party program that can generate dimensioned drawings and can export in one of those formats, that would be a way to go (With the caveat that you will not see or be able to edit the dimensions in the COMSOL GUI after import).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Alejandro, No, you really need the Design Module to do that in COMSOL. Could you draw the geometry outside of COMSOL? Well, from the screenshot you posted earlier, you can tell that your license does not include any of the optional add-ons that increase what CAD formats you can import into COMSOL; this greatly decreases your options. With that said, there are some basic formats that can be imported with just the core COMSOL Multiphysics package, see [the CAD specification chart](https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/), so if you have access to a third-party program that can generate dimensioned drawings and can export in one of those formats, that would be a way to go (With the caveat that you will not see or be able to edit the dimensions in the COMSOL GUI after import). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.