Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to reduce the model file size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I built a 3D heat transfer, time dependent model. After simulation, the model file goes beyond 5G. Is there anyway I can reduce the file size? I only care how the maximum temperature changes with time. The detailed temperature information in the 3D structure is useless to me.

Thank you very much.

3 Replies Last Post Apr 6, 2016, 2:03 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 14, 2012, 8:15 a.m. EST
Hi,

After simulation, you can "clear solutions" before saving your file by right click on "Solver Configurations" of "Study"

---
Dinh
Hi, After simulation, you can "clear solutions" before saving your file by right click on "Solver Configurations" of "Study" --- Dinh

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 14, 2012, 9:22 a.m. EST

... but make sure you document the results of interest before clearing the solutions, because you loose ALL results this way and you will need to solve again to perform any postprocessing later.

Cheers
Edgar

... but make sure you document the results of interest before clearing the solutions, because you loose ALL results this way and you will need to solve again to perform any postprocessing later. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 6, 2016, 2:03 a.m. EDT
Tr with 7zip......

net-informations.com/q/mis/7zip.html

Mark
Tr with 7zip...... http://net-informations.com/q/mis/7zip.html Mark

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.