Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

where can i find the error message in the help documents of comsol4.1?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

An error occured saying that undefined value found!

where can i find the relevant explanation for this error?

Regards
Song

3 Replies Last Post Jun 5, 2014, 11:45 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2012, 12:43 a.m. EST
Hi

there is from my knowledge no long list (yet in v4) but normally it tells you which variable is undefined, often its a material parameter missing, and you need to search therearound

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is from my knowledge no long list (yet in v4) but normally it tells you which variable is undefined, often its a material parameter missing, and you need to search therearound -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2012, 2:33 a.m. EST
Dear Ivar,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I will try this out.

song

Hi

there is from my knowledge no long list (yet in v4) but normally it tells you which variable is undefined, often its a material parameter missing, and you need to search therearound

--
Good luck
Ivar

Dear Ivar, Thanks a lot for your reply. I will try this out. song [QUOTE] Hi there is from my knowledge no long list (yet in v4) but normally it tells you which variable is undefined, often its a material parameter missing, and you need to search therearound -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 5, 2014, 11:45 a.m. EDT
Hi,

This is because you have not choose all the variables in the Segregated steps.

Good luck

Wenjia
Hi, This is because you have not choose all the variables in the Segregated steps. Good luck Wenjia

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.