Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Hot Wire Method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone!

I'm new on COMSOL so I don't know too much yet. I need to simulate the transient hot wire method, I don't know how to start with, and I cannot find any example. Could somebody help me with that, or where could I find some model example?

Thank you very much

Best

Yolanda

2 Replies Last Post Nov 19, 2012, 7:00 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2012, 3:12 p.m. EST
Hi
Which physics do you need ? That should be the first question: which depednent variable is to call the driver and which others are the one you want to measure/test.

probably some Joule heating from a current or a potential, and xome cooling of the Joule effect by some air convection, with or withou forced flow.

Looks like conjugated heat flow or a mix of joule heating and Heat transfer in fluids and solid.

But this is just a guess ...

Try te run a few examples of the model library, start simple one physics, i.e. joule heating, and then HT in solid, in fluids, then combine.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Which physics do you need ? That should be the first question: which depednent variable is to call the driver and which others are the one you want to measure/test. probably some Joule heating from a current or a potential, and xome cooling of the Joule effect by some air convection, with or withou forced flow. Looks like conjugated heat flow or a mix of joule heating and Heat transfer in fluids and solid. But this is just a guess ... Try te run a few examples of the model library, start simple one physics, i.e. joule heating, and then HT in solid, in fluids, then combine. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 19, 2012, 7:00 a.m. EST
Thank you Ivar,

I'm going to try that and see if it works.

Best regards

Yolanda
Thank you Ivar, I'm going to try that and see if it works. Best regards Yolanda

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.