Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Subsonic Ramjet Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am attempting to optimize the design of a ramjet to be created for rocket experimentation. I have been working on the model for the fall semester attempting to refine it. I am now using a 2d axis symmetric turbulent flow and heat transfer models. The heat transfer is being used as a rough model for combustion. I could get the model to converge before I realized the heat transfer model and turbulent flow model were not coupled. But once I coupled them the model will only converge sporadically for very coarse meshes. Could you help me figure out how to get the model to converge? Any tuning that could be done to make the model more accurate would be very helpful as well.

The model beginning with "test coupling" has the two models coupled (at least I think) but will not converge.

2 Replies Last Post Feb 3, 2015, 11:32 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Collin Grimes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Fabrice Schlegel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2013, 10:27 a.m. EST
Hi Collin,

The resolution of this model will require the High Mach Number Flow interface, as done in the Sajben diffuser model in the model library.
Hi Collin, The resolution of this model will require the High Mach Number Flow interface, as done in the Sajben diffuser model in the model library.

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 3, 2015, 11:32 p.m. EST
Hi, Fabrice Schlegel,
Would you please give me any advice on my COMSOL simulation on steady state 1-D premixed laminar combustion of hydrogen in a cylinder with specific diameter with temperature-dependent thermodynamic and transport properties to get the space-dependent temperature and concentration profile? I want to use the temperature-dependent thermodynamic and transport properties , so I developed Model 1 but I did not get any result because of an error which I do not know how to solve. Would you please help me with this ?
I really appreciate your help.
Best,
Kate
Hi, Fabrice Schlegel, Would you please give me any advice on my COMSOL simulation on steady state 1-D premixed laminar combustion of hydrogen in a cylinder with specific diameter with temperature-dependent thermodynamic and transport properties to get the space-dependent temperature and concentration profile? I want to use the temperature-dependent thermodynamic and transport properties , so I developed Model 1 but I did not get any result because of an error which I do not know how to solve. Would you please help me with this ? I really appreciate your help. Best, Kate

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.