Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Poblem with simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all

I build a solar collector whith COMSOL 4.3 by using Heat transfert in fluid.
The model run well but whe I want to increase the air gap between the glass and the pipe the temperature of the water doesn't increased.
Can you help me please?

1 Reply Last Post Dec 6, 2012, 3:46 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 6, 2012, 3:46 p.m. EST
Hi

you need to first describe better your geometry, including adding dome dimenions, else we cannot really understand much, just as its usefull to define the 1D, 2D or 3D dimension you use, and the physics names HT or NITF or ?

And then, if you believe the physics is not coupling, check your energy densities, your heat fluxes etc.

Now air is in certain cases a good isolator, particularly if you block the flow, or if the pressure is low

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to first describe better your geometry, including adding dome dimenions, else we cannot really understand much, just as its usefull to define the 1D, 2D or 3D dimension you use, and the physics names HT or NITF or ? And then, if you believe the physics is not coupling, check your energy densities, your heat fluxes etc. Now air is in certain cases a good isolator, particularly if you block the flow, or if the pressure is low -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.