Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

variable naming in various geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
I have a comsol model with several geometry and moving meshes on each of them.
I did not change the default name of the geometric variable so they all are X,Y, Z and x,y,z.
The problem I have is that i want to set different absolute tolerance for each x,y,z in each geometry in the solver setting
the documentation explain the default suffix for application modes but I found NOTHING regarding different geometries.
question:
How can make a distinction in a global context of x in geom 1 and x in geom 2 , for example in the absolute tolerance field of the solver setting that I want the x of geometry 1 to be resolved up to 1e-4 and the x of geometry 2 up to 1e-2?

Thanks,
jf

2 Replies Last Post Feb 25, 2010, 1:13 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 24, 2010, 11:34 a.m. EST
Hi

cannot help on that one, but that kind of questions I typically what I send to "support" ;)

Pls report back here too as it's of general interest

Good luck
Ivar
Hi cannot help on that one, but that kind of questions I typically what I send to "support" ;) Pls report back here too as it's of general interest Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 25, 2010, 1:13 p.m. EST
Hi,

If I really got your point:

I think you can change the name (x y z) by .e.g (a b c) when you add a new geometry!!
But you have to do it when you are adding a new geometry, after that it is not possible to change. Then COMSOL can make a distinction between your variables xyz in geom1 and abc in geom2 and so on.
This is also valid for your frames since that you are dealing with moving mesh!!

I hope it helps!!

Cheers
Hi, If I really got your point: I think you can change the name (x y z) by .e.g (a b c) when you add a new geometry!! But you have to do it when you are adding a new geometry, after that it is not possible to change. Then COMSOL can make a distinction between your variables xyz in geom1 and abc in geom2 and so on. This is also valid for your frames since that you are dealing with moving mesh!! I hope it helps!! Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.