AC loss calculation from COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

First time posting here but with a quite urgent issue. I'm very new to COMSOL (and electrical engineering in general, I'm a mechanical engineer) and I'm doing a project simulating superconducting cable with high current flow. I am using a model that has already been made, changed some parameters and have a bunch of plots and results that were predefined from the download. For reference, this is the model https://htsmodelling.com/model-files/3d-comsol-model-for-corc-cables

I am wondering, could anyone shed some light on how to calculate or plot AC losses in my cable, and where these losses actually originate? I have current density outputs and various others, but no temperature rise in the cable (this is a separate issue I'm having) and can share more info if required.

I really appreciate any help and please do assume that my knowledge around this area is very limited! Thank you.

Mark

0 Replies Last Post Aug 19, 2024, 12:08 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mark Butcher

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.