Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Non - Isotherma pipe flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am not able to find the "Non - Isothermal Pipe flow" module in my COMSOL 4.3a version. Can you help me out how to find it??

If not, I request you to help me with any method for simulating a pipe flow using "Non-Isothermal flow"? Thank you in advance...

3 Replies Last Post Jan 26, 2013, 12:32 a.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2013, 12:51 p.m. EST
Non-isothermal pipe flow is only in the Pipe Flow Module. If you can't see it then you probably don't have that module.
Non-isothermal pipe flow is only in the Pipe Flow Module. If you can't see it then you probably don't have that module.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2013, 10:04 p.m. EST

Can I simulate the flow through pipes with the normal Non-Isothermal Flow??
[QUOTE] Non-isothermal pipe flow is only in the Pipe Flow Module. If you can't see it then you probably don't have that module. [/QUOTE] Can I simulate the flow through pipes with the normal Non-Isothermal Flow??

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2013, 12:32 a.m. EST
Hi Nithin,

Yes you can. You just have to do it using a 3D model, or a 2D axisymmetric pipe model if possible. The pipe module allows a 1D model. In many cases, such as short pipe where the flow is not fully developed, the 1D model is not suitable and there is no substitute for the 3D/2D model.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Hi Nithin, Yes you can. You just have to do it using a 3D model, or a 2D axisymmetric pipe model if possible. The pipe module allows a 1D model. In many cases, such as short pipe where the flow is not fully developed, the 1D model is not suitable and there is no substitute for the 3D/2D model. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.