Can not calculate (or display) the temperature

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am resuming a study that I carried out a few years ago. I slightly modified its geometry and added a few elements. When I restart the calculation, some elements that I added seem not to be taken into account in the calculation. In particular I have no temperature value. I don't know if the problem is with the geometry definition, the solver or the display. I can't figure out what the problem is. I've restarted a new study from scratch but it did not solve the problem. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post Aug 26, 2024, 11:21 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 days ago Aug 26, 2024, 10:53 a.m. EDT

Hello Bruno,

One possibility is that you forgot to add the new domains to the proper physics. But that seems a bit too simple of an explanation. I would strongly encourage you to post the .mph file.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Bruno, One possibility is that you forgot to add the new domains to the proper physics. But that seems a bit too simple of an explanation. I would strongly encourage you to post the .mph file. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 days ago Aug 26, 2024, 11:03 a.m. EDT

Hello Jeff, I've forgotten to add the elements to the heat transfer physics. I'm ashamed ;) Thank you for your help

Hello Jeff, I've forgotten to add the elements to the heat transfer physics. I'm ashamed ;) Thank you for your help

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 days ago Aug 26, 2024, 11:21 a.m. EDT

It's OK. It's happened to the best of us :)

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
It's OK. It's happened to the best of us :) Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.