Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microfluidic Frictional Energy Measurement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to measure the heat generated by frictional energy in Fluid passing through micro channel.

Based on my structure it should be around 10 micro Joule.

To make the case simple, the heat energy can be applied to the fluid and the temperature rise can be measured using Heat Transfer.

If anyone sees this before or know any manuals, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 9, 2013, 12:25 a.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 9, 2013, 12:25 a.m. EST
Check out the “Viscous Heating in a Fluid Damper” example in the Model Gallery (Model ID 8568). It’s a good example illustrating the heat loss in a fluid due to viscous effects.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Check out the “Viscous Heating in a Fluid Damper” example in the Model Gallery (Model ID 8568). It’s a good example illustrating the heat loss in a fluid due to viscous effects. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.