Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Local maxima of solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I use comsol to solving a certain EDP problem (Laplace equation for exemple in crown domain: 2D or 3D domain). The solution is noted 'u'.
I want to calculate the all local maxima of the solution 'u' but I dont know the convenable command comsol can I use.
Please does any one can help me.
Sincerly
Moncef Mahjoub

2 Replies Last Post Feb 22, 2013, 11:46 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 22, 2013, 1:34 a.m. EST
Hi

I would start considering ux =0 location (the du/dx=0) this should give you all maxima (and minima, then you probably want to consider uxx for the sign. Plotting the 2nd derivative might be quite step wise, so you could consider too to increase the discretization to third order

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would start considering ux =0 location (the du/dx=0) this should give you all maxima (and minima, then you probably want to consider uxx for the sign. Plotting the 2nd derivative might be quite step wise, so you could consider too to increase the discretization to third order -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 22, 2013, 11:46 a.m. EST
Thank you very mach for your response.
please is there a comsol command that calculates ux=0 and uy=0. Otherwise, how can we do.
Sincerly,
MM
Thank you very mach for your response. please is there a comsol command that calculates ux=0 and uy=0. Otherwise, how can we do. Sincerly, MM

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.