Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

magnetic forces direction in post-processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have made a 2D simulation for the stress distribution due to magnetic forces in a synchronous reluctant machine, I want to show how the forces act on the boundaries of the stator teeth and the rotor outer diameter. I try to use the arrow and first principle stress but the stress and force arrows were distributed randomly around the domains of the machine parts.
Please, does any one have any idea that can help. thanks in advance.

Daniel

3 Replies Last Post Mar 2, 2013, 2:27 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2013, 8:27 a.m. EST
Hi

you could try to use the filter condition or to use subsets of the model via a Data set filter
Its true that volume arrows are distributed evenly over the domains

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you could try to use the filter condition or to use subsets of the model via a Data set filter Its true that volume arrows are distributed evenly over the domains -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 1, 2013, 8:26 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not know how to approach you idea, any idea on any model or where I can read about how to do this is truly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Daniel.
Hi Ivar, Thanks for the quick reply. I do not know how to approach you idea, any idea on any model or where I can read about how to do this is truly appreciated. Thanks in advance Daniel.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2013, 2:27 a.m. EST
Hi

in COMSOL if you have a doubt try to rightclick on a node an dlook at the options

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in COMSOL if you have a doubt try to rightclick on a node an dlook at the options -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.