Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Field Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i'm currently trying to do a mf analysis of the system in append figure.
The four quadrangular structures are coils with a external current applied. I defined all the domain's material and added the multiturn coil domain system for each coil.
But every time the result is :
Cannot Evaluate Expression

Failed to evaluate variable.
-Variable : T
Geometry : 1
Boundary : 19 -36 (last coil) or 19-90 (all coils)
-Expression :T
-Plot: surf 1

Any ideia of what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Mar 11, 2013, 6:16 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2013, 2:42 a.m. EST
Hallo,

the error message is in the postprocessing, right? Does the solve-step converge?
Try plotting mf.normB.

Regards

Jens
Hallo, the error message is in the postprocessing, right? Does the solve-step converge? Try plotting mf.normB. Regards Jens

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2013, 6:16 a.m. EDT
Hi,

i'm sorry for the late reply! Your help was really useful. I had the last coil somehow undefined.
It's working properly, now.

Thank you

Bavieche
Hi, i'm sorry for the late reply! Your help was really useful. I had the last coil somehow undefined. It's working properly, now. Thank you Bavieche

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.