Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create the material characteristic (conductivity) as a function of electric field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can somebody help us?
We cannot create characteristic in COMSOL. In our model we want to use the electric field as input parameter and as output we want to obtain conductivity.

Please answer as soon as possible.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 12, 2015, 12:57 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 9, 2013, 4:45 a.m. EST
Hi,

conductivity is a material parameter in COMSOL. You can define conductivty as a function of the electric field and run a nonlinear study. This will in turn then give you the conductivity distribution in your model.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, conductivity is a material parameter in COMSOL. You can define conductivty as a function of the electric field and run a nonlinear study. This will in turn then give you the conductivity distribution in your model. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 12, 2015, 12:57 p.m. EDT

Hi,

conductivity is a material parameter in COMSOL. You can define conductivty as a function of the electric field and run a nonlinear study. This will in turn then give you the conductivity distribution in your model.

Cheers
Edgar

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the electric field analysis of an outdoor insulator, using ZnO as the grading material. I want to define the electrical conductivity of it as a function of the electric field, so I have defined the electric field as the input parameter and the conductivity sigma equal to 10^-8*E. Is it the correct way?

Thanks in advance.
[QUOTE] Hi, conductivity is a material parameter in COMSOL. You can define conductivty as a function of the electric field and run a nonlinear study. This will in turn then give you the conductivity distribution in your model. Cheers Edgar [/QUOTE] Hi, I am trying to simulate the electric field analysis of an outdoor insulator, using ZnO as the grading material. I want to define the electrical conductivity of it as a function of the electric field, so I have defined the electric field as the input parameter and the conductivity sigma equal to 10^-8*E. Is it the correct way? Thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.