Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with model 8649 plasma module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

I was trying to duplicate www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/8649/ this model. I’m using Comsol 4.3, So I downloaded the corresponding files and Pdf. When I started following the same steps that’s on the instruction, I got following problems

· At first in model wizard I did up to number 5 But I couldn’t find preset studies as it says in number 6. There was just studies section and within which there was no Frequency-Transient.
In this point I selected frequency domain under custom studies which was available, The instruction worked fine up to specifying “Initial value I” but after that in Coil group domain section I couldn’t find “Coil group domain” in “magnetic field” under domain setting section. So I couldn’t proceed it further

Could you please find out what was the problem, is it problem with my doing or your instruction set. Please let me know

4 Replies Last Post Sep 12, 2016, 4:24 p.m. EDT
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2013, 5:32 p.m. EDT
Hi, you will need a license for the AC/DC Module as well as the Plasma Module in order to set up the model with the Frequency-Transient study and have access to the Coil Group Domain feature.
Hi, you will need a license for the AC/DC Module as well as the Plasma Module in order to set up the model with the Frequency-Transient study and have access to the Coil Group Domain feature.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 11, 2013, 5:46 p.m. EDT
Thank you for quick response. I'm using comsol in cluster provided by university for research purpose So I dont know my subscription includes AC/DC or not. How do i know that? When I go to add physics in model wizard it shows AC/DC and there are four option 1.Electric currents, 2. Electrical circuit 3. Electrostatics, 4. Magnetic fields. Can you tell me anything on this.
Thank you for quick response. I'm using comsol in cluster provided by university for research purpose So I dont know my subscription includes AC/DC or not. How do i know that? When I go to add physics in model wizard it shows AC/DC and there are four option 1.Electric currents, 2. Electrical circuit 3. Electrostatics, 4. Magnetic fields. Can you tell me anything on this.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 12, 2013, 3:18 a.m. EDT
Hi

in the "about" you have a list of active licences check what is in there, or ask your sys-admin ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in the "about" you have a list of active licences check what is in there, or ask your sys-admin ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 8 years ago Sep 12, 2016, 4:24 p.m. EDT
Hello Daniel,

I only have the plasma module. The documentation leads me to believe that the plasma module can do some level of ICP modeling at least in 2D.
Is this true? What are the limitations?

Thanks,

Hello Daniel, I only have the plasma module. The documentation leads me to believe that the plasma module can do some level of ICP modeling at least in 2D. Is this true? What are the limitations? Thanks,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.