Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

different physics with different meshes in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I work on a casting model with a phase change in a metallurgy process.
The 2D-axy model works fine and i begin the 3D model.
I work on a 3D coupled problem with different physics: mf for excitation, ht and spf. ht and spf are strongly coupled.
To achieve the solution of my model i have to compute something like this:

stationary solver
step1:mf
step2:ht1
step3:spf1
step4:ht2
step5:spf2
step10:spf10

After this sequence i reach the solution of the 2D-axy model.

The problem is that my mf.Qh source term for electromagnetic heating (ht) and Lorentz force (spf) is increasing after each step! I think that problem is linked to mesh density.
I use a specific mesh for mf and ht (dense) and spf (light). spf can not be meshed as fine as ht and mf because of memory issue.
What can i do to avoided the increase of source term? What kind of solver should i use preferentialy?
Thank you for your help

Julien

0 Replies Last Post Mar 12, 2013, 12:44 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Julien Givernaud

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.